Domestic Abuse Advice
Redbridge Council launches ‘Reach Out’ a new support service for victims of domestic abuse
Figures released this week have highlighted a worrying increase in domestic abuse following the Government mandated lockdown.
Recent figures from Refuge’s National Domestic Abuse helpline show a 25 percent increase in people contacting the team for help since the lockdown.
In response, Redbridge Council have launched Reach Out - a new support service for any adult who is being abused, or is fearful of being abused. Reach Out provides a range of services, including support for the victim, counselling and practical advice on issues such as housing, finance and benefits. If you are unhappy or scared with what you are seeing or hearing at home, Reach Out can provide you with help. Services for children include counselling and on line support and telephone support through Box Up Crime.
The service also provides advice and support for adults who are struggling to cope with their behaviour, which may be causing a family member to be harmed or to be living in fear. These individuals will be offered an online support programme, which is designed to help perpetrators of abuse understand their behaviour, and stop abuse from happening at home.
The Reach Out number is 0800 145 6410 and will operate Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm. Residents can also email email@example.com.
In an emergency, always call 999.
- For Victims - Help and support is always available for anyone suffering from #DomesticAbuse during isolation in #Redbridge. Find support at www.redbridge.gov.uk/reachout or call 999 if you are in immediate danger. #ReachOut
- Video content available at - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_npxs9gSbY
- For Perpetrators - Are you struggling to manage your behaviour and hurting a loved one? Learn how you can stop the abuse from happening by contacting #ReachOut or find support in #Redbridge at www.redbridge.gov.uk/reachout
- Video content available at - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm8RVSt_wSI or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aZ-Pzuon10
- If you want more info on Reach Out the Council press release is below: https://www.redbridge.gov.uk/news/april-2020/redbridge-council-launches-reach-out-a-new-support-service-for-victims-of-domestic-abuse/